What is maskne?
It’s the new term for acne that is being caused by wearing a MASK. Im sure as the beginning of the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus started… everyone was wearing a mask, and now the new norm requires just about everyone to wear a mask…
Healthcare and other front-line workers are at the highest risk of wearing their masks with a tighter fit and wearing them for long periods.
As a nurse myself, I have been a victim of MASKNE.
I am sharing my tips and what I have been doing to avoid breakouts.
1. STOP WEARING makeup to work….. let’s be honest at work, your mask is always on… NO need to wear makeup. I only wear mascara.
2. Must use a good daytime moisturizer; for me, I have dry skin, so I like to make sure I have a good hydrating moisturizer; this is the one I use. My face will become irritated if it gets too dry.
3. After work, SCRUB! After work, I make sure I wash my face with a cleansing balm and use an exfoliating wash right after!
4. Toner! I hear over and over how much using a facial toner helps! SO I go with it.
5. when I feel an acne bump getting ready to fire up under my skin. I dap diluted Apple Cider Vinegar on those spots with a cotton ball. YES, it enormously helps dry it out and kill all those germs.
7. STAY hydrated! as we have all been told, good skin comes from adequate hydration! Stay hydrated!
8. For the ZITS, I use this spot treatment it’s made in Sweden! I have been using it for years! Holy moly, it’s a game-changer!
Lastly, I want to share these two finds I have heard a lot of others use and have had good outcomes, but Im still expecting them myself! I’ll report back.
Neutrogena Clear Pore cleanser/Mask
Sara I was reading the other day that some other people was having out breaks from the blue masks. She stated that she has the washable ones and it cleared up and she had no more trouble with breakouts. Maybe your allergic to them. There plentiful now you can get them at Walmart,target.