If you’re a new register nurse or you work in a hospital setting, this article provides 5 tips for handling the high tension stress.
1. Walk away when things get tough! Now make sure before you step off the floor to have someone watch and look after your patients. It is nice to get off the floor, maybe go outside, go to the cafeteria, get a new scenery. When it’s too cold out I also like to walk the stairs in my comfortable tennis shoes, but just walking away can sometimes help you regroup.
2. Rely on your team members; if you don’t know you’re unsure about something, ASK! I am the most annoying new nurse, and still, when I go somewhere new and don’t know, I ask! I would instead ask than worry if i missed something, and guess what? Sometimes people will look at me dumbly, and maybe they think i am stupid. But it has taken me some time, but now I am over it. I don’t have time.
3. Know noone will understand you better than your coworker, boss, and friends at work. I cannot tell you how often I try to vent or talk to one of my friends who doesn’t work in healthcare, and yes, they show empathy, but they just don’t get it.
Working in ICU for nearly six years, I have seen many deaths. Many CODE blues and perform CPR to save people’s lives. And It is sad, and it does become upsetting because sometimes the patients don’t always make it, and guess what you still have five more hours into your shift; you need to get the room clean and prepare for your next patient in the ER.
And no one will understand more than other people in your shoes. Venting, letting it out, showing support to one another is critical. Working in healthcare can be scary and hard. These are real-life or death situations, vent and rely on your friends for support.
4. Let it roll off your back. Remember this if someone takes it out on you or becomes angry at you… Especially when working as a new nurse, I would get worried about reporting to the next shift; I either didn’t have enough information, they were going to tell me I forgot a task, or maybe roll their eyes at me.
I cannot tell you how often I would come home crying because the oncoming nurse would give me attitude if I didn’t know something or didn’t do a task! REMEMBER being a nurse or any healthcare worker at the hospital; this runs 24 hours!
So if you didn’t change your dressing and date it correctly or forgot to change the IV tubing! THINGS happen… now obviously; I’m not saying be lazy by all means! But be mindful that in 12 hours trying to get the priority done and know that you gave it your all, don’t half A** your job.
5. Be your Best Self! Put forth effort, work hard, learn, educate yourself, be proactive! The healthcare field is stressful and challenging, and things may come easier over time! But remember to do you!
In a world full of challenges and uncertainties, it is essential to find ways to nurture our minds and souls. One powerful tool that can help in this process is positive affirmations. Positive affirmations are statements that are repeated to oneself in order to instill a sense of positivity and self-belief. By integrating these affirmations into our daily lives, we can cultivate a mindset of self-care and resilience.At its core, positive affirmations are about harnessing the power of our thoughts and words to shape our reality. When we repeatedly affirm positive statements about ourselves and our abilities, we train our
Biggest makeup trends by season As each season rolls around, it brings with it a fresh wave of beauty trends, allowing makeup enthusiasts to express their creativity and celebrate the essence of that particular time of year. From bold, vibrant colors in the summer to warm, earthy tones in the fall, these seasonal makeup trends offer endless inspiration for creating stunning looks. In this ultimate guide, we explore the must-try makeup trends for each season and recommend products to help you achieve them flawlessly. Whether you prefer a natural and dewy look in the spring or a glamorous and smoky
When it comes to fashion, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Each of us has a unique body shape, and understanding how to dress for our specific body type can significantly affect how we look and feel in our clothes. Whether you have an hourglass figure, a pear-shaped body, an athletic build, or any other different body type, learning to accentuate your best features and embrace your individuality is the key to unlocking your style. Dressing for your body Dressing for your body type is key to enhancing your best features and feeling confident in your clothes. Whether you have an